Wednesday 13 January 2010

The heart of Nepal is in the villages...

The heart of Nepal truley is in the villages and so is mine! The peeple are so nice and friendly and the kids are amazing- the views and beauty are/is immense! I feel so at home! When we first arrived we were staying in Kathmandu and although cool is doesnt have a patch on Sirutar- except all the cool temples but iv only been to one Buddhist temple as of yet but it was lovely and full of monkeys! It was really cool to see Tibetan Buddhism being practised! The hotel we stayed in wasnt great but it did for what we needed- my homestay is sooo much better and warmer but it is fricken freezing at night and in the early morning! My host family are soooo lovely i love them- the mum doesnt speak english but thats ok we still get on really well and communicate ok and shes so sweet always looking after me and the food is yummy and im being stuffed till i cant eat anymore! Im going to come back with rice belly!

My host sister and brother are really cool and easy to talk to i really like them and my dads cool and nice and funny although he doesnt speak much english either! The load shedding is rubbish- its where they cut the electricity for about 10 hours a day! So we spent most of last night in the dark but i had a torch so its cool! I was chatting to my host brother for about 2 hours and we went up on to the roof and where looking at the stars because they are sooo beautiful and clear here! And i have an amazing view of the Himalayas its sooo stunning it looks like a painting- on the one side there are snow capped mountains and on the other side are lush green rolling hills!

Im ok with the cold bucket baths at the minute cos my host mummy is sooo sweet and gets it all ready for me...im mollycoddled i swear! I get my meals cooked, my water collected for me its great! But the work is hard man its all manual labour carry heaving things across pretty far distances and my hands and feet are callused...but its ok cos im 'arrrrd!!! lol! Il be tough and stong when i come back hopefully! But the rewards are amazing i cant wait to start teaching!

We will prob go into Kathmandu and around the Kathmandu Valley on our day off (fri night and sat day) which is where i want to go and see lots of temples and do some shopping etc!! I have a Nepali name now and its Puja- which is the Hindu form of worship- i think its because i know abit about hinduism and sort of practice it but- but they havent explained it to me fully yet so il let you know the reason they have called me this soon! I have made some lovely friends here too, the group are really nice and we all get on really well and support eachother as much as possible!

I better go now but if you have any questions comment or facebook me cos i would love to hear from everyone!!

Namaste (Hi and Bye) x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment